Take out your pen and notebook brides because you are about to get the best recipe for your first ever sweet dish that you will be making at your In-laws, everyone’s favourite, “KHEER”.
Whether you have cooked at your parents’ home before or not, but you need to show your cooking skills to your In-laws. After all, this is the best chance for you to impress your husband and his family.
“KHEER” is a traditional sweet dish that every new bride has to cook before she starts cooking officially for her new family. So, it is essential that you should know how to cook it perfectly!
Below is the best recipe to make your In-laws fall in love with your skills.
- Milk- 1 litre
- Rice – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Almonds, Pistachios, Cashew nuts – 25-30
- Sugar- 8 tbsp.
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Saffron – a few strands
- Khoya – 250 g
- Crushed coconut – 4 tbsp.
- Wash the rice and soak them in water for about an hour.
- Crush them with the help of spoon as soaking will make them soft.
- Add few strands of Saffron in two tablespoons of warm milk and set aside.
- Pour 1 litre of milk into a deep pan and boil it on a medium heat.
- When the milk starts boiling add rice and lower the heat, keep on stirring while cooking.
- After 10 minutes add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Stir the milk and rice occasionally till the rice is cooked. Stirring helps to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the rice is being cooked simmer until the liquid thickens.
- Add nuts, coconut and Khoya and give it a stir.
- After 5 minutes sprinkle the soaked saffron at the top and mix it.
- Pour it in a bowl and garnish it well and upon cooling with some more nuts.
The “KHEER” is ready to serve it to your in-laws!
Try this recipe and let us know how much your husband and family loved it!!